Monday, September 17, 2012

Internet Comment of the Day

"I am in my mid-forties. My WHOLE FUCKING LIFE I have been hearing news stories about Muslims getting so fucking offended by some goddamned thing that they just have to go on some uncontrollable murder-rampage. A book, a film, a fucking cartoon. I am simply tired of Muslims.

I can go a month without hearing the word "Taoist" or "Confucian." I can go for weeks without hearing "Buddhist." If Romney wasn't a candidate right now I could probably go a year without hearing "Mormon." But I hear "Muslim" every fucking day. And it's never anything good. I never hear that Muslims pitched in to rebuild a church, or Muslims score well on tests, or Muslims report greater personal happiness in their lives. No, it's always Muslims seething with violent rage over some goddamned thing.

Here's a thought: how about Muslims try not killing anyone just for a change? Maybe try it for a month: spend a month doing something other than murdering people. That means no lobbing rockets at Israel, no gang-raping Coptic Christians, no burning animist villages, no sectarian violence against other Muslims, no shooting rampages through India, none of that.

Think they could manage it? For just a month? How about a week?

How about one fucking day?

I would be happy if just one fucking day in my life I didn't hear about some revolting atrocity committed by Muslims because somebody somewhere said something that hurts their fucking feelings."

No comments: