Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Vacation

I'm on leave for a week so the wife and I are taking off to Yosemite, since it's within driving distance of where I'm stationed right now. We'll be gone for a few days and hopefully I'll have some interesting pictures afterwards. Also hopefully, I won't have to kill any bears. I understand they're a problem in Yosemite. So I'm bringing a friend.




I like my SIG.

By the time I get back I might also have a book review. I'm currently reading : To Dare and To Conquer: Special Operations and the Destiny of Nations, from Achilles to Al Qaeda. So far, (I'm 3 chapters in) it's fascinating. The guy knows his stuff and is kind of funny. But I've noticed a trend. The most successful operations, the ones that did indeed alter history, save kingdoms, or break armies, were conducted with the utmost ruthlessness. I fear that such qualities are no longer allowed to US forces.

No comments: